Tuesday 10 December 2019 – Postgraduate Panel – Roisin Astell (Kent), Lea Beierman (Maastricht), Aleks Kaye (UCL), Jack Newman (Kent), Lena Zlock (Oxford)
This seminar is 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, 10 December 2019, in Room N304, Institute of Historical Research. The IHR is in the North block of Senate House, University of London. Find Senate House on Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU. It will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Session chair: James Baker
The IHR Digital History Postgraduate Panel showcases historical research using digital methods that is taking place in the postgraduate community. A series of short papers will be followed by a question and answer session.
- Roisin Astell, “An unknown workshop: Recontextualising the style, artistic transmission, and collaboration of a group of English Gothic illuminators”
- Lea Beierman, “Worlds of Wonder: crowdsourcing nineteenth-century microscopy”
- Aleks Kaye, “Social Networks of Polish Migration: exchange, dissemination, and scientific knowledge in nineteenth century Latin America”
- Jack Newman, “Fail Better: A (semi-successful) digital approach to medieval legal records”
- Lena Zlock, “The Voltaire Library Project”